This Sunday we’re hosting a special Sunday@6 service which features a guest speaker from Barcelona and a panel where we’ll attempt to answer peoples’ big questions about God, life and faith.
Click here to see the Facebook event.
Panel nights are important because young people value transparency and the willingness to discuss questions and doubts. We try and do these nights a few times a year to get a good sense of where people are at and what issues are pressing on the minds of young people.
If you or your kids would like to nominate a topic for discussion in advance you can text anytime before 4pm Friday to this number: 0490 453 293.
A few tidbits for you this week:
- This Sunday night we are hosting a Panel Night as part of our Sunday@6 service. This is something we do several times and year. We select four members of our church who volunteer to attempt to answer any question people throw at them (at least if the questions relate to God in some way). People can ask via text or just pop their hand up. We believe that young people don’t respond well to simply be told what to believe, they like to discuss it and work it out with others; these panel nights are designed to help start and deepen conversations about the most important things in life.
- Do you have a teenager writer in your family? They might like to enter this competition.
- This Sunday our pre service activity is an act of service flowing from our church’s partnership with Prison Fellowship. Each year they encourage churches to bake biscuits to give to prisoners and their families. That’s what we’ll be doing from 2:30 this Sunday in the St. John’s kitchen, come join us! Click here for the Facebook event.
At this weekend’s service we’ll be hosting a panel of people ready to answer your questions about God, spirituality and life.
Come along, ask anything, bring friends.
Text your questions in advanced on this number: 0491 164 859
There is no pre-service food or activities this week.
Hope the holidays have treated you well so far. Here’s a few dot points about youth related stuff happening in the next two weeks:
- There is no dinner before Sunday@6 during the holidays. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for info on 5pm activities.
- On Sunday 10th April we will be dedicating our entire Sunday@6 service to a panel QandA. A perfect night for youth to bring friends unfamiliar with Christianity.
- Some Life Groups are attempting to do something together in the holidays. I won’t be posting the details of those here so stay in contact with the group leaders for details on this. If you need contact details for a leader, please just drop me an email (email@example.com) and I can send you them.
- A date for your term 2 diary: Youth Unite will be on May 20.