Three key things to note for this weekend.
- Our Youth Games and Movie Night on Friday. Click here for details and to RSVP. Please respond today if you know you’re coming. Tomorrow (Wed) I will send out a message to everyone who has RSVP’d with the address and what to bring.
- Our Girls Life Group is doing a fundraiser on Saturday. Click here for details. At this stage they have had zero people register in advance! You are able to turn up on the day but, if you know you’re coming, it would be great if you could book now and give them some piece of mind in the lead up.
- At our Sunday@6 service this weekend we’re asking “Who do we do what we do?” and specifically looking at the topic of communion. I’ve found church kids often know the basics (bread, wine, walk down the centre aisle) but often don’t know much about the background and meaning of communion. And of course for people new to church communion is pretty weird until it’s explained. This week we’ll explain this ancient Christian ritual in some detail.
So yeah, it’s a busy weekend. Click here to read my post about managing that busyness.
Bye for now.
We’ve got a chance for youth to hang out coming up soon. Here are the details:
- Time: 6pm-10pm
- We’ll start with some easy to learn, fun to play, multiplayer video games. And snacks! Then get pizza. And watch a movie!
- Click here to RSVP and vote for the movie you’d most like to see. Democracy will rule.
- This will likely be a house party in Diamond Creek although we may move it to the church if there’s a lot of people attending and we don’t all fit in a lounge room. We’ll contact you with details once the event is locked in.
Should be fun. Please be aware that a couple of the possible movies are rated M for violence and mild course language. I’ve seen all the movies and believe they are appropriate for all high school ages but would be happy to talk to you about movie selection if you have concerns.
Exam time is upon us and many students could do with a helping hand. If they need some help with maths then we’re here to help.
This Sunday, from 3-5pm, we have our final Maths Tutoring event for the year. It’s a seriously excellent deal because it’s good and free!
So, come for some free tutoring with Sunny (teacher from DVC) and then stay for dinner and the service.
Here’s some details:
- At St. John’s in meeting room 2 (we’ll put signs up).
- Bring your mahts work with you.
- It’s free!
- All year levels of high school.
- Students from all schools welcome.
- This is not limited to church people; invite friends who would benefit from the tutoring.
- There will be pre-Sunday@6 dinner from 5pm so do stick around for a feed
Check out the Facebook even here.
As I was growing up I noticed that American TV shows would often show families celebrating this day off called ‘Thanksgiving’. I didn’t get it at the time but nowadays I really like the concept; a day where we intentionally put time and effort into simply being thankful.
On Nov 13th our church will be holding a combined Thanksgiving Service to do just that. It’s 10am at our John Street site and will be the only service on that day (so no Sunday@6). Please come along and share what you’ve been thankful for.
Also, thanks to those who’ve filled in the Camp Crave review survey, we’ve got quite a few responses now so I’ll leave it open for one more week. If you haven’t filled it in yet it would be really helpful if you could by clicking here. It takes up to 10 minutes.
Three times a year we meet up with other youth ministries in the Northern Suburbs for an all-in event called Youth Unite. Our final event is coming up real soon and many of you have rsvp’d online already. This is just a post to remind you of the details 🙂
- Start time: 6:30pm drop off (be early rather than late so you don’t miss the car pool)
- End time: 10pm pick up
- Location: St. John’s, 61 Main St. Diamond Creek (the actual event is at Mill Park Baptist CHurch)
- Food: Supper provided
- Cost: $5
It should be a great night, we hope as many St. John’s youth as possible can be there.
Click here to RSVP.
Click here to see the Facebook event.
This Sunday we’re doing something special for Sunday@6 dinner. We’re joining and Oaktree ‘Dine Below the Line‘ campaign to raise awareness of people suffering from hunger and poverty around the word (our teaching in the service will also have a focus on suffering).
Basically our cooks will be making a meal for $2 per head but we’ll be charging $5. That way we learn about what the average meal is like for someone living in poverty and we raise some extra funds to support the campaign.
Food, friends, learning and raising money for a good cause; sounds like a winning recipe! Hope to see you and your family there.
Click here to view our Facebook event and find out more about the campaign.
Each week of the school terms we have activities or dinner at 5pm. Here’s a list of what’s happening in term 4.
9 Oct – Activities
16 Oct – Dinner
23 Oct – Activities
30 Oct – Dinner
6 Nov – Activities
13 Nov – Thanksgiving Service at 10am – no Sunday@6
20 Nov – Dinner
27 Nov – Activities
4 Dec – Dinner
11 Dec – Community Carols – 6pm at Coventry Oval
18 Dec – Activities
24 Dec – Family service @5pm, late service @11pm