One of the maths teachers from Diamond Valley College recently approached me hoping to “give back to the community” through offering some free tutoring. His name is Suni and we’ve organised for him to come in before dinner/church on a Sunday and tutor students in maths related school work.
This is a brand new thing so we’re not exactly sure how it will work, it will depend a lot on who attends. But we’re prepared to give it a go. Here’s some details, we’ll ask for feedback and hopefully tweak it as we go:
- 3-5pm every second Sunday (starting 30th August).
- At St. John’s in meeting room 2 (we’ll put signs up).
- Bring your school work with you (especially maths stuff).
- It’s free!
- All year levels of high school.
- Students from all schools welcome.
- This is not limited to church people; invite friends who would benefit from the tutoring.
- There will be pre-Sunday@6 dinner from 5pm so do stick around for a feed 🙂
Request: If this is something your kids are keen on, could you please email me and let me know they’ll be coming to our first session on Aug 30?