This week is our last Youth Alpha topic: What about the church and telling others. It’s a very practical note to finish on which makes sense seeing as being a Christian should ultimately be very useful and relevant to day-to-day life.
Below are some questions you might like to think/talk about at home:
- Is it okay to tell others about Jesus? What stops people from doing it?
- What do you think is a respectful way to talk to others about Jesus?
- Have you ever had a negative experience with this? Or have you ever had a good experience with this?
- Do you see any value in being part of a church?
- Do you notice any difference in people you know who go to church?
- Can attending church be a negative thing?
- Why do you think that church has managed to grow in spite of so much persecution and opposition?
- What do you think about the idea that “church is people, not a building”?
- What would you say to someone who is afraid of people knowing that they are a Christian?
Here are the details of the event itself:
- Date: 24th October 2014
- Time: 6:15-9pm
- Venue: St Johns Church Diamond Creek
- Cost: $5
- Dinner: Provided